~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Friday, February 04, 2011

Aaaand she's off!


Whee! So much going on!

Yesterday I got seven short stories back in the mail, did 10K words on a copyediting job, and wrote a story for Custom Erotica Source (link clearly NSFW). I also did laundry, etc., etc. Before that, I wrote a short story for an upcoming workshop…that one was really hard, though, because the theme not only wasn’t one I’m normally that interested in, but it leant itself to darker stories, and I really need light and fluffy right now.

I’m super-excited, though, because this afternoon my friend Anwyn is coming to visit! (If I weren’t a Real Writer [TM], I’d add a million exclamation points at the end of that sentence!) We knew Anwyn in Wales, although she’s really from Australia, and I haven’t seen her nine years! Squeebouncity!

She’s visiting her beau in the Bay Area, so they’re driving down today. Tomorrow I’m co-teaching a cord-making class at an SCA event, so we’re all off to that, along with lunch with friends in Santa Barbara. Sunday they want to go to Disneyland, which is convenient because I have friends who throw an annual Superbowl bash each year, and they live pretty close to Disneyland. Between all that there will be much eating (she’s making me her patented six-cheese lasagne!) and drinking and watching A-Ha videos and talking until the sun comes up. Busy weekend!

So, before she arrives, I still have to…
  • read through my CES story and mail it
  • review and return a contract
  • review another story and mail it
  • get a novel proposal in the mail
  • take Eostre to the vet
  • go to the gym for an hour of cardio
  • shower, etc.
  • get water
  • get cat litter
  • get gas
  • put away laundry
  • do more laundry
  • wash the sheets
  • tidy the sewing room so I can blow up the air mattress
  • put my sheets on the air mattress and other sheets on the bed
  • clean all the crap off the dining room table (aka sweep it all up and dump it on the sewing table)
  • print the handouts for tomorrow's class
  • probably more little things I’m forgetting right now

I’ve almost finished drinking my morning tea. 1-2-3…go!

1 comment:

Christine Ashworth said...

Sounds like you had a busy day! Enjoy your weekend, dear. You deserve a good one!