~~ "She has so many aliases, you'd think she was a spy!" ~~

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

A brief, stream-of-consciousness update


My cleaning lady is due to arrive in less than an hour, I’m still in my pyjamas, and I haven’t tidied in preparation for her.

I have a list of phone calls to make.

The supplement that miraculously healed Eostre’s kidneys is backordered everywhere and I can’t get anymore and I’ve run out. Fuck.

Ohmygods where did all those overdue e-mails come from??

The story I’ve been writing has been eating my brain to the extent that I’ve gotten no other work done for several days. It must be finished today, though, and I’ve got bits and pieces of the end written, so hopefully it just all needs to be stitched together into some attempt at a coherent narrative.

Downton Abbey was awesome with a side of awesomesauce.

The wind was so wild last night it woke me up around 4:30 a.m., and then at 5 I had to get up to make sure the roof over the kitlings’ run hadn’t blown away, and then at 5:30 I got up to see if it was our gate that was banging and crashing (it wasn’t). Ugh.

I miss Ken.

1 comment:

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Update the first: Phone calls made, including one to vet to ask about alternative supplement for Eostre. Upstairs tidied enough for cleaning-lady purposes, and I'm dressed/abluted. Now for another cup of tea, and on to the story.